Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Everything is moving

Hook news:
"Chocolate Dreams"
… while finished, is still not up. My photographer has been on strike. :-/

Mary Maxim Contest
This is the week. Between the contest and our pending move, I’ll be a nervous wreck by weeks end.

Crook news:
SOLD!
It’s hard to believe that just 2 months ago our hope was to sell our properties and be able to move by the holidays. Shortly we will close the papers on our second property and that will leave us with only our house to fix and sell. Everything has moved so quickly. Some nights I crawl into bed and wonder if I will wake up in the morning and find it’s all been a dream. The Lord has truly blessed us with this move, and I know that He will continue to do so as we pack, fix and leave this area. I can hardly wait to see what He has for us in Oregon.

Book news:
Map of Bones:
My wonderful husband was likely tired of hearing me moan about having to wait and wait and wait for the copy from the local library, and purchased a copy of this book for me. He then brought it home, set it on the book shelf and told me I had to wait for my birthday. The man is rotten. LOL!

Finished but …
I finished Without Remorse this weekend. It was a good book, but left me unsatisfied. Why? To borrow from a friend: I had a lot of trouble accepting the ending. The hero got away with murder—actually several murders—because the government needed his talents. Okay, so the murders were “justified” because the people he murdered were drug dealers and murderers themselves … but that still doesn’t justify murder to me. I guess I still like the notion that justice will prevail, even though I know better. Oh well.

I’m now reading Edge of Danger by Jack Higgins. It’s a hardbound edition that I picked up a few months back for $5 on the clearance table—my favorite place. :D A quick read, even if I have to sit in my chair to enjoy it. hehehe

The book shelves are where?
Sunday we spent some gift certificates from Christmas and enjoyed a dish of ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery. Overkill would be a good description of the delights they serve up. Be sure to take your entire days appetite if you visit.

Afterwards we felt the need to walk off some calories, so we wandered down the mall and took a tour of the local Barnes and Nobel. We were stunned to discover they had moved most of the books sections! Took me 20 minutes to find the books I like, and then another 5 to figure out that the books weren’t all alphabetized by author’s last name at the moment! Some sections continued across the aisle, while other shelves only went to the aisle and then did a U-turn.

As hard as it was to find things, I managed to come home with 3 new hardbound books. No I don’t need them. Yes, I’ll probably have to pack them. But ... but ... how could I pass up such great bargains? (Well, actually I passed on two that I wanted because some bimbo was sitting on the stack of books and her shorts were really short and her cheekys were on the cover ... and EEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!) Sorry, got carried away. hehehe I did came home with:
  • Valhalla Rising by Clive Cussler - $4.98
  • The Teeth of the Tiger by Tom Clancy - $5.98
  • Bad Company by Jack Higgins - $6.99
Of course, Harry Potter is due out in what, 25 days or so? And then in August I’ll have Map of Bones, so I’m set for the summer. The only other thing I hope to read is a map on how to get to Oregon. :)

No comments: