Friday, April 15, 2005

"Lay down in peace"

It has been an interesting, but productive, few days.

Hook news:
My latest design is still giving me fits. I’m not pleased with the way the edging is working—it is out of balance with the rest of the design. I’ve opted to set it aside for now.

I have gone back and looked at the small square I was working on when I branched off into the larger design. I still like it. It’s complete, warm, interesting … all the things a good design should be. So, now I need to find the “right” yarn to compliment the design, and then it will be time for some serious crochet time.

I’m 1/3 done with my second sample for my recently completed design. It’s turning out quite rich looking in the Coffee yarn from RH. It looks better than I thought it would.

In looking this over, now I realize why I’ve not actually completed anything. I’ve got too many projects going at once. hehehe

Crook news:
Today several years of family history left my home, as I placed 6 boxes of record albums out for pickup by United Cerebral Palsy. I can’t think of any better charity to take these records and sell them, as my parents felt UCP was a special charity. I also gave away a large box of unneeded craft supplies, extra folding chairs, and several dozen more books (my bookcase now has one empty shelf, and 2 shelves that are only partially filled). I feel like I’m 8 steps closer to moving, plus I have less clutter and junk around here.

Speaking of less clutter and junk, my last entry was about Treasures. I’m excited to say that I’m still in contact with my friend, and I’m still cleaning out my heart and spending time each day with the Lord.

Psalms 4:8: I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

Today I read Psalms 4, and was reminded of the preciousness of the Scripture when taken to heart. In particular, verse 8 has stood me in good stead for many years, and reading it this morning reminded me of how much I have to be thankful for, as I now sleep peacefully at night. Perhaps some day I will share my story about this verse, but not today.

I trust that you are able to “lay [yourself] down in peace and sleep” because you dwell in the safety that only the Lord can give.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always do the right thing, Sis. UCP will honor your folks' treasured tunes...you always set a good example for me to follow.

Robin

Kimberly said...

((((( Robin )))))

Thanks for the uplifting words. You always know just what to say to encourage me, and make me smile.