Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Wednesday's Wonders

Hooking News
Finished a little baby cap last night. As I was translated the scribbled notes I'd made the last time I made one, my brain raced with ideas. So the next several days I'll be playing the baby cap game as I see if those ideas work.

The best part of making the baby cap was working successfully with a G hook. This is the smallest hook I've worked with since my slashed my finger. The last time I tried working with it was a dismal failure, so it was very encouraging to be successful.

The not so fun part? Finding that the inside of the skein of yarn had collapsed and become twisted on itself. Took me almost 2 hours to unravel and ball it. Yeesh.

Do dreams come true?
I'm not a believer in psychic phenomenon in any way, shape or form; but sometimes a dream is so vivid that it makes me wonder. Last night, I saw Mr. Retired and I in our new home. No clutter, no junk, neat and tidy. The kitchen was warm and inviting with soft yellow walls and yellow and orange curtains. Friends would stop by for coffee, we'd go visit them. Mr. Retired was off fishing with a friend. I'm more determined than ever to pack and move.

Crochetville
I'm truly enjoying Crochetville. It's warm and friendly, lots going on, and best of all -- no politics! Now if I can just get them to talk about books and movies I'd be in heaven.

Literary Puzzles
I just finished reading "Fool's Puzzle" by Earlene Fowler. The plot was good, the characters were well developed, and the good guys won in the end. My only dislike was how easy it was for the heroine to fall in love with the hero. Too much like a romance novel for my tastes. All in all, I rate this book an 8 on a scale of 10; and I rate the author the same.

My current book is "A Catered Murder" by Isis Crawford. I adore the two sisters, Libby and Bernie. This quote from Libby about Bernie could easily be a description of me and Mr. Retired ...
As Libby watched her sister's brow furrow, it occurred to her that living with Bernie was like living with a talking encyclopedia, an encyclopedia that followed you around, bombarding you with facts you had no desire to know.
Change Libby to Kimberly and Bernie to Mr. Retired and you have my life in a nut shell. hahahaha

No comments: