Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Big news! Read on ...

Hook News
So I finally set the popcorn ripple aside as it's too darn hot here to work on it—but boy will it be a grand project for the coast of Oregon in the winter. *big grins* I needed something to do, so I tried a pattern I've had in my brain for a bit. It looked grand, but then I discovered that my sample had taken on the shape of an hourglass. :-/ I have put the sample and my notes in an envelope and I'll tackle it again some time.

Feeling frustrated I figured I'd just set my hooks aside for the next 3 weeks. Then I had this major inspiration—while I was in the shower! No paper, no pencil. LOL! Fortunately I remembered my brainy idea a few hours later. I wrote it down, gave it a try last night and it worked. Now I just need to get the size right and I'll have another masterpiece. ROFL!

Crook News
Now for the big news! Are you ready? I wasn't, and I admit that when the words came over the phone today I WHOOPED! Poor Pam. Hehehehe

WE HAVE WALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, walls! They look soooooo wonderful. Would you like to see? Okay,just click HERE for a page with links to the pics. Many of you will be pleased to hear that the garage/guest room walls went up today and the contractor framed in a window (no charge). So you'll have a “view”. hehehehehe

Our packing is coming along well. I'd guess we are around 75% done, with some tough decisions ahead as far as take or dump. I can tell you hearing the news today, and then seeing the pics, have energized me. I can hardly wait. *huge grins*

One obstacle ... digging into all these older boxes has really stirred up dust in the house. Since I don't really have time to do my normal cleaning, it's settling on everything. *frustrated frown* If you have any idea(s) on how to combat this, please let me know.

Book News
Minor gripe here. I've been watching for Cornelia Funke's new book, Inkspell, for a bit. It showed up at B&N.com and the price was 30% off. Since I had a gift certificate left, we drove over today and I picked it up. It wasn't until I was done checking out that I discovered that the online store is now different from the brick & mortar store! *frustrated frown* I was upset, and so later this week I'm going back and return it and get my money back. I'll mail order it and save an extra $4! In fact, I'll probably mail order it from Amazon. hehehe

That will teach B&N to mess with Mad Jenny Rackham. LOL!

No comments: