Monday, May 16, 2005

Being swift

Hook news:
Mary Maxim Contest
I now have 19 squares completed, with some ends to weave in, and then I’ll add 2 more rows to my contest ghan. :)

Crook news:
Abby update:
Abby Darlin’s surgery went well, her incision healed beautifully, and today the vet took the stitches out. She’s one happier cat. The sad news is that she has also gone deaf. :( We've noticed a few signs on and off over the past few months, but apparently this infection finished the job and she can't hear. She howls a lot, and we have to be careful not to startle her when we come up on her, but otherwise she's okay. We'll give her loads of TLC and help her deal with this.

We now have a flea problem though. *growl * So “Advantage” to the rescue. Both cats are now restless and driving Mr. Retired and I crazy. Short trip, I know.

Moving:
This weekend we dug in and emptied out a bunch of junk from the garage. Filled up 2 garbage cans, plus several boxes and bags of stuff for Goodwill.

Because we emptied things out, I splurged and purchased 2 mugs for our new dishes. The new kitchen will be warm and cozy, and there won’t be a speck of blue or red on the dishes (at least not if I can help it!) We’ve chosen Fiesta Ware from Homer Laughlin and have agreed on Sunflower and Tangerine. I’d love the green, but Mr. Retired refuses to eat or drink from green dishes … so we’ll stick with the yellow and orange.

Personal:
Further in my Bible study with my friend, I was reading James from the beginning this morning and this verse struck me right between the eyes.

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: – James 1:19

So often I get upset over silly things and let my temper flare. Worse, I’ll blurt out things that I shouldn’t. What good does it do to yell at some goofy driver? They can’t hear me, thankfully, and it only ruins my blood pressure. I guess this is something I need to work on, letting God have control of my temper.

No comments: