Thursday, May 19, 2005

Parking, Hooking and a Light

Hook news:
Mary Maxim Contest
I’ve now finished (finished to me means not only stitched, but all the ends are woven into the project) 25 squares and 5 rows on this project. I added those squares to my afghan, and so I now only need 5 squares/1 row and then I can do the length wise joining and the edging. I should have this done by the end of the month or before. :)

Crook news:
How do you park?
Yesterday we went out to lunch. I noticed a bright orange post-it note stuck to the outside of the driver’s window on the car in the space to my right. I'm curious (or is that nosey? hehehe) enough, I read it. I laughed—out loud.
You should learn how to park between the lines. A jeep isn't that big.
Oh how often I've wanted to leave a similar note, but I lack the courage; besides my mother's voice always echoes in brain, "Be nice." As I caught up with Mr. Retired at the door to the restaurant, he asked what the note said. I told him, and he (who doesn't have my mother's voice echoing in his brain) promptly said he wanted to get that printed on cards and sealed in plastic – maybe a thousand or so – and carry them with him.

So if you can't park your vehicle, and someday you come out and find a note on your window, perhaps Mr. Retired stopped by. *wink*

Personal:
From my reading in Psalms this morning:

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?– Psalms 27:1

When the world around me is filled with woes, frustrations and sorrows, and the way is dark, I need only look to the Lord for strength, comfort, and security—for He will light my way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best 'parking' note to me is the one popular in the 80s "In the space that your car takes up, two elephants could have mated."

Never a note leaver before, I finally started notifying the manager at the store about someone who parks diagonally in parking spaces (taking up 2 or 3 spaces; always close to the store too). So many were told to move their cars, cited or towed, that I haven't seen a single one this year at all in my area. Which is amazing considering the number of inconsiderate and lazy oafs in this area.

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid, my dad had seveal business size cards w/ funny stuff on them. he had 1 for people who parked too close to you. (he never left it on a car though). it read:

"thanks for parking so close. Next time leave a can opener so I can get my car out"