Saturday, July 23, 2005

Discerning the Truth

Hook news:
Mary Maxim contest:
Such is life, my afghan didn’t win … but I still think it’s a good enough pattern to “shop around” for publication. Or, I may just upload it to my site. That’s a decision I’ll make down the road.

I do have to say kudos’ to Mary Maxim. They were behind with their judging (had to get that catalog out) and I was curious so I called. Becky explained and said they would be returning the non-winning afghan’s shortly and that they’d go out UPS. That posed a problem for me, as it would arrive while we are on vacation and the package would simply be sitting on my porch. Becky said that wasn’t a problem and had my afghan returned to me FedExpress. So thank you to Becky at Mary Maxim’s.

Baby Sleeper pattern:
My friend, Chatty, has designed a darling baby sleeper pattern. She’s uploaded it to her blog and it’s just the cutest thing. I adore the buttons she chose.

If you are curious, here are the links to the hat pattern and the baby booties that Chatty used.
Crook news:
Oregon here we come.
In just a week we will be in cool, coastal Oregon. Oh, I can hardly wait. Hopefully we will find just the perfect house to buy. If not then the perfect house to rent while we continue to look for the perfect house to buy. :-)

While in Oregon, we plan to look into Internet service, cable TV, library, shops (especially books stores), clubs (I know there is a quilting club, not sure about a crochet club), churches, credit unions and other things that help to make life a bit richer.

I plan on walking on the beach to search for shells for my friend, Linda and for my Aunt Rosie. I’ve already washed and packed my jacket—which seems really odd considering it’s 102° outside right now. Hehehe

In the meantime, I’m still sorting and packing—and dreaming about what will be our future.

Personal:
Discerning the Truth
A friend and I were chatting about Colossians 2:6-19, and how we are to discern the truth. In my Bible, I have underlined the words, “Let no man” throughout these verses, and then in verse 10 I underlined these words:
And ye are complete in him – Colossians 2-10
In the margin of my Bible I wrote: “Let no man” (draw me away from the truth) for “Ye are complete in Him”. This was great comfort to me as a new Believer, and it’s still a great comfort to me. I am complete in Him, and can rest in that, draw spiritual nourishment from it, and find peace for my soul within it. He is in control of my life, and this move to Oregon.

No comments: