Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Wobbly Wednesday

Hook news:
Baby ghan:
I was on the last row for this ghan when I noticed a mistake. Not a small mistake—a major mistake. I had to frog 8 rows. Aaarrrggghhh! How I missed this mistake before last night I don’t know. Oh wait, could be because I’m so tired from packing. LOL!

If you want to see a pic of this lovely ghan, click the thumbnail. :) If you want the pattern, it's a freebie from Coats and Clark: Sweet Baby Layette.





Crook News:

Wobbly Wednesday
Wobbly is a good description of how I’m feeling right now. I’m physically exhausted from lack of sleep, running errands and from cleaning my craft room; but I’m emotionally charged and excited. I’m so anxious to get to Oregon, yet there is so much to do here. Will I be able to get it all done before the end of October? I sure hope so.

Today I came across a large box of small and medium sized baskets (I used to decorate them). I quit counting at 18. LOL! It was torture to dump them, but into the give away pile they went. Same with a bunch of Christmas trims, craft books, glitter, glue, staple gun, hot glue gun and it’s glue sticks, pencils, pens, iron-on stuff for wearable’s … and on and on it went. I kept telling myself keep “quilt and crochet” only.

I did run across more squares from a quilt square exchange I once belonged to. It was one of the original online exchanges. There weren’t email lists or boards back then, instead you went into the news groups. I was quite active in the quilting newsgroups, and I have squares from all over the US from this exchange. Since they were all nicely sealed in zip-lock bags, I tucked them into my “quilting” box. When I get settled, I’ll have a blast doing some simple patchwork quilts.

I have yet to decide what to do with my baseball card collection. I hate to just give it away, but where do I find someone to buy it?

Encouragement
When encouragement comes from an unexpected source, it tends to brighten my day in a major way. This morning I called our vet to make arrangements for vet care for our cats if need be while we are gone. I was chatting with Sherri about our pending move, and she asked me where we were going. I told her and she got so excited. She has family in the area and she knows it well. :) She gave me some great tips on working with our realtor, and explained some things I didn’t know (like why the lots are so small). She said we’d love it in this new town, and so would our kitties. Her joy lifted me up for the entire day, and reminded me of this verse:
”… but joy cometh in the morning.” – Psalms 30:5
May you find joy in each morning.

No comments: