Monday, July 25, 2005

Meritorious Monday

Hook news:
Thank you!
My thanks to everyone for the kind words about my Chocolate Dreams afghan pattern. You encourage me to design more things. :-)

Crook News:
Meritorious Monday
Today was definitely a most commendable day. We found a home for our aged Macintosh and all it’s wonderful software. The best part is that it went to a non-profit preschool where the kids will enjoy playing the games, as well as learning how to use a mouse, a keyboard and other good skills. They were thrilled to receive the laser printer, and will use it to print out programs and such. This was definitely a “feel good” trip.

After stopping for some lunch, we hit it hard and completed everything on our list but one minor item. We can take care of that tomorrow.

One of the best stops was at the jewelry store where we picked up my now clean and repaired opal ring. What a treat to have it back on my hand again.

Our last stop was the most encouraging one—the U-Haul center where we purchased boxes so that tomorrow I can pack up all my books. Also got a price on the cost of renting a trailer, and made a tentative reservation for 10/1. We’ll adjust the date when we return from our scouting trip.

I managed to book a room for us in Brooking, Oregon. This will be our last stop before returning home, and we plan on just relaxing for the evening before the long drive back into California and down to the heat of the valley.

Cat news
I’m pleased and excited to tell you that Abby Darlin’ is eating! She is doing so much better than last week. Hopefully our niece won’t have any problems with her or BC while we are gone.

Personal notes—Conquering Stress
I must admit that I’m finding this adventure stressful, and I find myself being short with Mr. Retired at times. A while ago I sat down to relax and let go, and found my inner spirit reminding me of my family verse:
”And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” – Romans 8:28


Scripture goes on to tell us that God knew ahead of time who would answer the call, and verse 31 reminds me:

”What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?” – Romans 8:31


So why am I stressing? I guess it’s because I’m not allowing God to have control of all of this. It’s so easy to start the day and give it to the Lord, and then take it right back from Him. Today He blessed our efforts and reminded me in a visual way that through Him I can conquer the stress.

”Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.” – Romans 8:37


I think I’m going to engrave this verse in my brain so that I won’t forget.

No comments: