Saturday, August 27, 2005

Hooks and more hooks

Hook News:

I stopped at Michael's today, hoping against hope that they would have a copy of "Ripple Afghans for the Family", but alas - they did not. I don't know why I even stop there. I can spend hours in any Michael's and come out empty handed. I did find a copy online at Herrschner's and in an eBay store - but the shipping is crazy for one small leaflet. Oh for a really great craft store.

Today to celebrate getting older, I put my Brittany Hooks up on eBay. :-)



















Crook News:

Today was so GREAT!

Mr. Retired bought me a beautiful bunch of fresh flowers - the house smells wonderful.

Plus he gave me my copy of "Map of Bones". It will be hard to wait to read it, but I need to finish "Shadowfall" first.

Plus he gave me 2 cards - one still has me crying. The other made me laugh.

My lifetime girl-friend, best bud sent me a FUNNY card. She kids me because I'm 14 days older than her. hehehe

My Aunt and Uncle sent me a lovely card and moo-laa to spend as I wish. hehehe

Mr. Retired took me out for crepes for breakfast - Yummy!

Later we will go to Tony Roma's for ribs. We aren't inviting the "local family" -- we don't have the money to spend for all of them. I honestly don't expect any of them to call (no card from any of them either).

BUT - today was GREAT because I spent it with my sweetheart. :) :) :) :) :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Getting Older Day, Kimmer! I agree about Micheals. We need a Hobby Lobby on this side of the Rockies!! Your Sweetie is a KEEPER!
Luv ya, Sandy

Kimberly said...

Thanks Sandy!!!!!!!!! My sweetie is definitely a keeper.

Let's start a campaign for Hobby Lobby's in our areas!!!!!!!!


Luv ya,
kimmer

Kimberly said...

Thank you Cath!!!!!!! I'm jealous you have an A.C. Moore. The hooks are sold -- maybe. Long story. ;-) I'm 2/3 done with "Shadowfall" -- what a fantastic book!!!!!!! Can't wait to discuss it and "Map of Bones" with you.

Yes, I think I'll keep Mr. Retired. ROFL!

Take care and see you are JR's board!