Sunday, August 14, 2005

A Symphony of Praise

Hook News
Yes, there is crochet news at long last. LOL! Last night I actually picked up my hook and started working on the edging to the baby afghan I'm working on. I was concerned that after 13 days away, my tension would be wacky, but it's not and all is well. I have a mistake in the beginning of the second round—but I'm not gonna fix it. After all, only God is perfect. :)

Crook News
Friday I packed up all my books. I think that was harder then sorting through them and giving away so many of them. But it's done. On my book shelf now are 2 books for my sister-in-law, and the 5 books I hope to read over the next few months. I'm probably being too ambitious in my reading selections, but I can always pack up the few that are left and take them with me.

Yesterday Mr. Retired and I packed up our biblical library. We have tons of study books and such, and since we've read them they now need a new home. We posted at note on the local freecycle list and were contacted by the wife of one of the “Growth Group” leaders at a nearby church. She is coming tomorrow to take all the study books, tapes and song books for her church to use. It is nice to know they are going to a church that holds to the same doctrinal beliefs that we do. :)

Today I'm working on packing all my quilting stuff. I've got almost all of it corralled in one place. It will be nice once we are in our new home and I have a room for my things again. No more storing here and there. My serger is packed and ready to go to storage until we get into our house; but my sewing machine will hopefully travel with us to our rental home.

A Symphony of Praise
“Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright. Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings. Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.”—Psalms 33:1-3, KJV.
While I type this, I'm sitting here listening to “Symphony of Praise, Volume 2”. A wonderful CD of music that blends classical music with hymns and always leaves my heart happy. My favorite piece from this CD is “Because He Lives with 1812 Overture by Tschaikowsky”. You can hear an MP3 sample here.

I also own volume 1 of this series, as well as the two “Hymnworks” CD's. They all feature Linda McKechnie on the piano. Truly a talented lady, blessed by God in so many ways. Someday I'd like to own all her CD's. You can check out her website for more information and news.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

You're welcome, Lani. I hope you enjoy the cd's.