Saturday, October 15, 2005

Babbling Away

I've made changes to my life and I'm pleased with them. I'm happier about me. I think this is very good. I wouldn't even be on the puter right now, but Mr. Retired turned it on. I'm glad I'm working on this addiction.

I got up this morning rested and happy, put the coffee on and dove in to "packing". Made phone calls and changed address on most credit cards and magazines. Still have a few magazines to do.

CHASE credit card is NOT done. Idiots! I sit through a 7 minute wait to speak to a rep only to hear a woman advise me (in pigeon English no less!) that her computer was updating and could I possibly call back later. Good things my hands don't fit in the telephone line or she'd be sporting bruises. HA!

OH - really good news. Pat from the food closet came by and took 2 frozen turkeys, loads of canned goods, mixes, jars of sauce, etc. :) :) :) :) :) I'm glad we didn't have to toss it all -- it's bad enough we have to toss the stuff we can't donate or transport.

Yesterday we dropped by the vets to give Dr. Jassar a letter. When he saw us, he came out around the counter and talked to us. Gave us both a big hug and wished us well. We thanked him for the wonderful care he'd given to our cats and handed him the envelope. He was surprised and said thanks ... and gave us both another big hug. He got misty-eyed -- and by then so were we. DRATS!

We've been bear hugged by Jack and Linda, the vet, Dr. Nick, Betty at the grocery store, and several other folks that we know only casually -- and yet our local family hasn't even called to say good-bye. I cannot tell you how much this hurts.

Well, I need to go get in the shower so we can have some lunch. OH - here's a funny ... yes folks, I can babble ... last night we grilled our last steak and when it was time to eat, Mr. Retired looked at me and asked how we were going to do this. hahaha No table, no tv tables ... hehehe ... how do you cut a steak? Stand at the counter? Ick! We have 2 folding chairs left, so we sat in our "to be left behind" chairs in the living room and each used a folding chair as a "table" and ate. This gives a whole new meaning to elegant dining. hehehe

We should be able to finish our packing tomorrow. Then Monday we deliver notes to Dr. Walker and Dr. Carney, pick up trailer and load it. Tuesday we head out before dawn. Wonder if I'll sleep Monday night?

I really will clam up now. Watch for one final update before we hit the road. Not that I'll have much to say ... but like I said, I can babble.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Hugs and good luck on your move. Happy thoughts and prayers for you on the road.
Brenda/Halfpint

Anonymous said...

Have a GREAT trip and Homecoming on the other end of the trip!! So happy for you. My prayers for safe travels and happy endings for you and Mr. R and the two kitties.

Sally (Yooper Gramma)