Saturday, October 22, 2005

We Have Arrived!

On Tuesday, the 18th, we left our old place at 7am, and arrived in our new place at 7:45pm. The trailer worked super, the cats did okay, Mac and I shared the driving and all was well. No flat tires, no breakdowns, no accidents. The Lord was very gracious to us. We had good weather, saw beautiful scenery and even drove through a light rain and then fog at the end.

The car and trailer were packed to the hilt, yet we still had to leave things behind that we had hoped to bring with us. It was no biggy, after all they were just things -- and when I have time I'll tell you about my lesson on "things".

So far we've visited our house (trusses should arrive on Tuesday and then it's full steam ahead!), scouted out new places to shop, found a great new "diner", tried 3 different grocery stores, discovered yarn in 2 shops, talked to the stove to see if that would help it work properly (hehehe), signed up for net access, walked on the beach, made friends, met a local author and bought his book -- which he signed for me, stood at Seal Rock and watched with great awe as the waves came crashing in to shore ... and more.

I would love to tell you all that has taken place, but that would take me hours to type -- so it will have to wait until I have more time to read my handwritten journal and then put my thoughts onto this laptop. Now say, there's something interesting ... my handwriting has improved since I've been putting pen to paper instead of typing on keys. LOL!

Okay, time for me to go. We have to head back to the house -- after all the sun has set and the town closes down at 7. hehehe

Watch for more updates and news in the days ahead!

No comments: