Saturday, October 08, 2005

Just what I need

For the crocheters in the group, there is no hook news because I packed all my crochet stuff and haven't touched a hook in days! :(

What do you need?
Yesterday I needed something special. That's all, just something special. God provided that special something when we received a phone call from 2 very precious folks. We talked, laughed, I got a bit misty eyed ... and Mr. Retired and I both had big grins on our faces afterwards. Hearing their voices was just what we both needed.

This morning we found we had a visitor. It's likely small, and likely gray, and if we meet face-to-face it's more than likely that I'll scream loud enough to wake the dead, (LOL!) yet it's what I need. I think. No, I'm sure. I don't know why, but I guess I need a non-computer mouse in my life right now. Today we will buy traps and hopefully we'll nab this visitor right quick. The trail of evidence shows that it's likely only one visitor, but we'll find out. Of course, now I'm wondering about all the packed boxes and are there visitors in them? :-O

This discovery has solved one dilemma—how much and what food to take with us. Guess I'm only going to take that which is in glass jars or sealed in a plastic Rubbermaid type container. No boxes of pasta, no bags of semi-sweet chocolate chips, no boxes of cake or muffin mix; and definitely not the butterscotch chips I just bought—since those are a favorite of the visitor!

I will now have to wash all the utensils and pots and pans before they are packed, and that's not going to be fun, but still I'm thankful. There was a time when this little invasion would have set me on edge, but I'm finding myself totally content, knowing that for whatever reason God felt I needed a mouse. After all:
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.—Philippians 4:19
He always provides just what I need, it's just that sometimes I don't see it His way. He's ready to provide all you need as well. All you need to do as ask Him.

-----
Just a small note: I will lose email access today. If you want to leave me a note, this is a great place to do so. You can be anon, or you can sign your initials. It's really the fastest way to contact me these days. Just click the "comment" link.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you luck and lots of luck and fun for two specail people!
come back to us soon...

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog and I am sooooo happy for you and Mac....keep up the good work on the blog
HH

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are almost finished, Kimmer. Every house needs a little critter of the meese type, tee,hee. Love and hugs to you and Mac, and to your two babies. Have a safe trip North. Thanks for keeping us all in the loop.
Luv ya,
Sandy

Kimberly said...

becky -- thanks and I miss you!

HH -- thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy -- LOL! There were 2 critters, they are both gone. Thanks for the well wishes.

Anonymous said...

I look forward to meeting both of you soon. Take care on your drive up here. Take your time and drive safely.