Thursday, October 06, 2005

Unbelievable

During packing breaks I've been calling and shutting down all the utilities and such. All has been going well. Until I got to SBC.

I waded through their "voice mail" where the last question was "what are you calling about". I said "cancel service". The voice said, "Do you mean you wish to disconnect your phone?" I really wanted to strangle the phone and yell at the voice, "No, you idiot, I want to start up service." UGH! I hate voice mail systems with a passion.

Finally I was sent to customer service where I hear another voice say I'm in line as the call volume is heavy, so please wait. Then I get to listen to hideous music. At least it's better than continuous commercials.

So I wait and try not to grind my teeth. I play a game of solitaire, then another game of solitaire. I drink a mug and a half of coffee. I talk to Mr. Retired when he steps in the room. I wait. FINALLY, yes finally I get a rep. Just as she asks to verify my phone number, the battery on the portable starts beeping. *groan* I tell her, that's the correct number and my battery is dying and please hold while I go to the other phone. I walk to kitchen, pick up phone and SHE'S GONE! She hung up on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNfreakingBELIEVABLE! After wading through voice mail he**, and a 10+ min. wait -- she hung up!!!!!!!!!

Now I get to start all over. Ain't it grand?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first I couldn't figure out why you were having so much trouble with the Southern Baptist Convention. ;)

Kimberly said...

ROFLOL!!!!!! RG, you always make me smile. :) Hope things are quiet in your neck of the woods.